What is DiskPower Adware?
The DiskPower is an adware that promotes itself as a free disk optimization tool. It claims to be a free disk optimization tool, but actually it is an adware that causes to display multiple unwanted advertisements and pop-ups on your computer. DiskPower installs and configure itself to run automatically when you turn your machine on. It keeps its identity and functions distinguished and launch multiple adware applications in your default browser to display pop-up advertisements.
These advertisements will direct you at http://wizzcaster.com/redirect/[id] url, which then redirect you to another page that displays advertisements for adware, surveys, and adult sites. It is not known if wizzcaster.com is affiliated with any adware company or it is being used without the knowledge of the adware company on which it displays ads.
How does the DiskPower Adware get on your computer?
The DiskPower is an unwanted program that remains the free applications that you download off of the internet. It stays attached with the free programs that do not adequately disclose what other software will get installed with along with them. So being a smart user, you need to pay close attention to installation screen and license terms while downloading anything online. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it will be safe to any of the two options as choosing this option will disclose if any other third-party application will be getting installed along with the first-place install.
Furthermore, if the installation screens or license agreement state that any other unwanted program or toolbar will be installed along with the first-place install, it is advised to you to cancel the install immediately and don’t use the free program. It is found that the DiskPower is there on your machine, it is recommended to remove it from a computer. The DiskPower is designed to show advertisements in order to generate revenue for the developer. It is an intrusive program that you need to uninstall if you have installed this program unknowingly. Follow the removal guide given below to get rid of this adware.
This guide includes advanced information, but all the information has been written in an easy-to-understand manner and you can follow it without any problem. If you face any problem, you can also ask experts for the help to continue the removal process. It is advised to you that create the backup before proceeding.
How to remove Disk Power:
- Uninstall programs via Windows control panel.
This removal guide involves numerous steps and you need to apply those steps in the same order. All the instructions are given in clear, detailed, and easy to understand way so that anyone can use them without facing any issue. Before starting the removal process, read the instructions carefully and install necessary tools to your desktop. Print this page before starting the process as you may need to reboot your computer or close your browser window.
- Sometimes the DiskPower Adware has a usable Uninstall entry that you can use to remove the program. To do so, click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel from the list of programs.
- In the Control Panel, double-click on either of the options given below according to your version of Windows:
- For Windows XP: Double-click on the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- For Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10: Double-click on the Uninstall Program option.
- When the Add or Remove Programs or the Uninstall Program screen comes up, scroll through the programs list and double-click on the entry listed in bold below to uninstall it.
DPower version 1.0
To remove all files and configuration information related to DiskPower Adware, double-click on the above entry to uninstall it and follow the default prompts. Do not allow any program to reboot your computer when it ask you to do so until you have uninstalled all of the programs related to the DiskPower Adware.
- Close the Control Panel screens once you are done.
- Download defencebyte AV Pro to search your computer for active malware infections and terminate them.
defencebyte AV pro is a software program that perform infection removal task quite reliably on your computer. Download and install the defencebyte AV pro and run it to scan your computer to find the DiskPower Adware infection and delete it.
- Download and install the defencebyte AV Pro
- Verify that you have picked the right version of the defencebyte AV Pro.
- Select a convenient location to save the file.
- As soon as the download gets completed Windows will prompt.
- To start the program or browse the location of the folder, click on Run button or double click on the file defencebyteAVPro_.exe.
- Accept the license terms to carry on the remaining process.
- Run a scan on your computer to find plug-ins, add-ons, harmful programs, and other malicious entities linked to DiskPower Adware infection.
- Further, implement the on-screen instructions to continue the removal process of DiskPower Adware infection.
- Once scan and removal process is finished, reboot your machine for everything to take effect.